Instagram

Monday, June 10, 2013

CHANGE IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO GROW y BRONCHITIS!

Karen, Roberto y famlia y Elder Palacios y Elder Hill
 So my new companion is Elder Palacios from Iguala, Guerrero, Mexico. He is from the same "generation" as we say here, or rather, we entered the mission field the same day. I´m with him because that´s how God wanted it, really. I was supposed to train a new elder from Guatemala but for some reason he missed the plane. President had to make a few changes with the transfers that he had made and I was put with Elder Palacios for at least three weeks. He´s been having a little bit of a hard time lately as far as being excited about the work. He´s been victim of a lot of misunderstandings that make it hard for someone to move on when he´s 'black-marked'. From the very first lesson that we had last Monday night until now, everything has been working together for his good. Members talk about their mission and experiences that they have had and it has all been directed at him even though they don´t know it. We are all children of a Heavenly Father and He loves us and answers our prayers. Sometimes he does it in ways that we don´t expect. I kind of got scared today when I read what President Call wrote me:  "Remember he is a choice son of God who needs our help. His eternal life depends upon it."  I´m not worried too much because Heavenly Father is pretty much doing everything. I´m just here as an instrument. (LOL, I have to laugh thinking about it now, Hermana Call in her letter to Elder Hill telling him he was going with them and would be a, well, here it is:…’just love them!”)

You're coming with us!  Were you surprised?  You won't be telling me goodbye yet!  Congratulations, you will be an awesome District 
Leader.
Just love them!
Adios........Hermana Call

We had stake conference yesterday and they talked a lot about the family. I´ve seen too many broken up families in the mission and I understand why they would talk about it. In PMG it says that the family is the most important social unit in this life and in all eternity. "The most important work that you can do will be inside the walls of your own home", "No success in life can compensate for failure in the home." Repentance is possible for those who desire it. The choices that we make today do not only affect us, rather many others; the consequences to our actions are not just for now, but for all eternity. Choose to do the right today because who can guarantee another tomorrow? I´m not a perfect missionary nor man, but I´m on the path to improvement. We are all in this together, so let us help our fellow man in having the truth, hope, peace, and assurance of a better life that we have.

This week we found a Doctor Erasmo who is looking to know which church is true. He has the desire and we have the answer. He accepted a baptismal date for the 29th of June. I´ll keep you posted. 

The picture is of a family here in the ward. The sister is Karen, husband Roberto, littlest kid- Santiago, and I don´t remember the other one. 

Love you all. Be the best that you can be. Being the best doesn´t mean you compare yourself with others, it just means that you are progressing towards who God wants you to me. 

Elder Hill
(MA) YOU are just the BEST KID EVER!!
Elder Holmes, Elder Dillan Dove, Elder Hyde & Elder Matt Hill~District Leaders?
Other pic-- Elder Holmes, Elder Dove, Elder Hyde, Elder Hill in the offices Monday. 


Here´s your answer about the cabin, house and all that´s going on. It´s an excerpt from President´s letter this week, from HNA CALL--There´s a mormon message on the lds.org homepage that you could watch. I 
haven´t seen it yet but it might help. I think this is the one he meant, "Enduring in Faith."

The other night I was trying to decide what to do about a certain family situation that is going on.  When I went to bed, I was reading in 2 Ne. 32:5: “For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do.”  I was able to put aside the concerns I had and know that "the Holy Ghost will show unto you all things what ye should do."  The Book of Mormon promises that “the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do” (2 Nephi 32:3).  Elder W. Rolfe Kerr of the Seventy said: “So we see, brethren and sisters, that the words of Christ can be a personal Liahona for each of us, showing us the way.  Let us not be slothful because of the easiness of the way. Let us in faith take the words of Christ into our minds and into our hearts as they are recorded in sacred scripture and as they are uttered by living prophets, seers, and revelators.  Let us with faith and diligence feast upon the words of Christ, for the words of Christ will be our spiritual Liahona telling us all things what we should do” (Ensign, May 2004).     Take care……..Hna. Call
Hey, I forgot to tell you that I got hit with a pretty nasty bronchitis this week. I had to buy a $500 peso antibiotic that´s super strong so 
I´m feeling better now but it was some pretty nasty nastiness with coughing up... well... you know.

(MA) OH MY! Isn’t that about half of your money!? I will send u some money and stuff. Or should I out some $ in your acct?

Yeah it´s half of my money. It´s easier if you could put money in my account instead of sending stuff. It´s cheaper to just buy things here. If you can´t don´t worry about it.

Love you. Gotta go. Keep your chin up and find the words of Christ that can help you grow and change. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest
MORE INFO ON MISSIONARY SERVICE @ LDS.ORG