Instagram

Monday, November 4, 2013

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes, ONLY true Church, step up the righteousness and DESIRE to find, teach, and baptize the elect.

BIRTHDAY CARD FROM MEMBERS TO ELDER HILL
 This last week was a good one. Thanks for all of the birthday wishes that were sent my way. It made the day much brighter! 
Well, this is what happened this week: 
Monday: Washed clothes and got settled into the new house and new area. Went shopping for food. 
Tuesday: We were going to eat with Bro. Pinedo (I know his parents because they are from Jardines) but he couldn`t get to his house because a factory exploded and the traffic was awful. He had purchased 60 Tlacoyos (bean stuffed tortillas they sell on the street), 12 for each missionary. In Tepo there are 2 companionships. So, all of his food went to waste, unfortunately. Found a few members to visit and that`s about it. 
Wednesday: We had a leadership meeting for all of the DL, ZL, and the Sister Training Leaders. We talked a lot about helping our investigators and members understand our purpose as missionaries that we aren`t just here to teach people, but to also BAPTIZE them in the one and ONLY true Church on the face of the land. Too many times we just end up teaching and being too scared to invite them to be baptized. Last month the mission had a goal of 246 baptisms and we only finished with 29. We`ve got a lot to improve and step up the righteousness and DESIRE to find, teach, and baptize the elect. After the meeting, we had a meeting with the stake president, but before the meeting President Call went with us to an appt that we had. The person we were looking for wasn`t there and so we decided to look around and we ended up knocking a door that was literally staring at me with the little ‘eye hole’ thing. Leticia came out and we started talking to her. She didn`t have too much time but the real success happened when Presidente Call talked to her and he just testified that the gospel would help her with her son who is sick in bed. We prayed and it felt like she felt something new and nice. We have gone back, but haven`t been able to find her so far. 
Thursday: My first zone meeting as the zone leader giving the meeting. We taught everything that Pres. Call had taught us from Wednesday. It went pretty well and most of the missionaries have been putting everything in practice so that`s been good. We are seeing a little improvement so far.  Halloween night was crazy with people all over the streets. There were a lot who asked us the spanish trick or treat and seeing that we didn`t have anything other than pass along cards, we handed out a bunch of cards to families and kids. We should talk Pres. Call into letting us go trick or treating because  it`s a good proselyting activity. ;) 
Friday: All of our appts fell through. We went to visit so many people but weren`t able to because of the festivals. 31st is Halloween. Nov. 1st is day of the dead for the kid spirits who supposedly come back and the 2nd is day of the dead for the adults. There were still hundreds of people in the street going from one store to another (most go to the stores here instead of houses because there are so many houses) and we had to go back to the house early because drunk guys were starting to make us uncomfortable. You have to understand... it`s a little pueblo that`s really devote to the traditions and liquor. 
Saturday: We contacted a few referrals. Went to the Trebol, a little colony where some members live. Met Hermano Rafa. He`s the stake secretary and also plays soccer wicked awesome. He`s a good guy and invited us to eat.... but you know... it was first Sunday. :) I think he forgot. 

Sunday: The first Sunday in Tepo. I had heard a lot of things about the ward from the zone leaders when I was in Jardines but it`s just different living it. When we sang the Sacrament hymn and took the Sacrament, only like 20 people were present. By the end of the meeting our attendance was at 89. It`s the most important meeting in the Church. We should all be there early and with full purpose of heart. Rafa took one of his soccer students to church and he really liked it. I`ll let you know more about him this week. 
ELDER SANDOVAL Y ELDER HILL MEXICO CIUDAD NORTE MISION
Monday: here I am, again. Picture of Elder Sandoval and I. I came out super white. 
I would have taken pictures of the altars and skeletons and all that but really I`d like to not get robbed and keep my camera. It would have been too crazy to take pictures. I`ll try and take more. 
Well, I know that this is the true Church. I`m on a mission to prove it. What are you doing? 

Loves you all! Have a fabulous week. 

Elder Hill 

(to ma, re: Spanish, release date) No. It´s Cómo Estás tú or Cómo está usted. One is polite and the first one is informal like with friends, fam, etc. 
I honestly haven´t talked to President about it. I just told him to do what date you had and from what I talked to him a little about, I´m out of my area as a missionary the 9th but I´m assuming that I won´t be with you until the 10th in the morning just because your flight gets here kind of late and all that. I´ll call him and ask him what I need to tell you. 

I´ll be on later. I just checked a few things. Also, I forgot to type the letter and all that so I´ll think about this week and I´ll have it for you this next week. 
Anything else? Oh, I´m going to try and write Mam a letter asap. I haven´t written her yet.
Tell everyone hola for me. Love yàll tons. Gotta go. Times up. We`ll talk more next week. Tell Mike, Des and Josh, Ryan…etc… hi too. 

loves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest
MORE INFO ON MISSIONARY SERVICE @ LDS.ORG