Instagram

Monday, March 26, 2012

I Survived my First Earthquake, Jamaica Flower & I am Really Excited for Conference!


Survived my First Earthquake, Jamaica Flower & I am Really Excited for Conference!

This last week went by pretty fast, but I like that because it means that we are working hard. On Tuesday I survived my first earthquake! I was studying at my desk when I felt the building start to sway back and forth. At first, I just thought that I was dehydrated or something. Then the door started to rattle, and I thought that some kids were just playing. I finally realized that it was an earthquake when the ladies on the floor just above us started running down the stairs screaming, ´´ It´s tremoring! It´s tremoring!  Get down the stairs! I don´t want to die in this manner!!´´ That´s my translation from spanish to english, but it was so much funnier in spanish! Occasionally somebody will try to talk to me in english, and I get really confused because I am so used to spanish. I have to sit and think of how to reply in spanish. I think that is a sign that I am learning spanish little by little.

We have a family that we have been teaching, and that the other elders before us were teaching back in January. They are Lorena and Raul. Usually after a month or two, investigators are dropped if they aren´t going to get baptized and aren´t meeting the goals to be called ´progressing investigators´ but they have been progressing and going to church. The week before last, they didn´t want to get baptized yet because they wanted to learn more about the church. We decided that we would finally have to drop them....



READ MORE OF ELDER HILLS LETTER(S) HERE!


Do you visit this site? Is this your first time or do you visit weekly? Is it appealing? Easy to navigate? Am I wasting my time? Subscribe to site or at least comment... Gracias! Hermana Rasmussen-Griggs



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest
MORE INFO ON MISSIONARY SERVICE @ LDS.ORG