Instagram

Monday, June 11, 2012

The difference between who you ARE and who you want to BECOME, is what you do. ~ Hermana Call


Estimados amigos mios, 

Elders Hill & Galvan outside wardhouse
Today we had transfers, and I got transferred from La Quebrada to a place called Tezontepec Hidalgo. Honestly, I thought that I was for sure going to stay with Elder Galvan because President Call asked me two weeks ago if I could stand going another week with Galvan. I told him that I would do what he felt I should do, but looks like the Lord had different plans for me. So, I am with Elder Trevino who is also my new district leader. Tezontepec is a pueblo or village in the state of Hidalgo. It´s kind of like Cache Valley in that it is still populated and urban, but there are cows and fields and all that. Pretty cool, but I have only seen a very small part of it in the 5 hours I have been here. 

Here is a quote or poem that I found in the house that I like:

"All the water in the world
No matter how it tried
Could never sink the smallest ship
Unless it got inside. 
All the evil of the world
And every kind of sin 
Could never hurt a human soul
Unless we let it in."
-anon

"The difference between who you ARE and who you want to BECOME, is what you do." 
-Hermana Call  


So true. WE have more power than Satan and all of his minions because we have bodies and they don´t. WE have God on OUR side and they do not. 

Elder Galvan, Juan's familia & Elder Hill
Oh, how could I almost forget that we had a baptism Saturday! Juan was baptized Saturday after almost two months of teaching him. We taught him very sporadically and that´s why it took so long, but he finally got baptized and a lot of his family was there, even though they aren´t members of our Church. That was cool to leave an area with a baptism and confirmation. 

Well my friends, this is another part of my journey here in Mexico. Life is always changing and I´m looking forward to working in a ranch town versus a city with tons of people. I´ll let you know how it goes! Oh, and if Jasilyn hasn´t left for Spain yet-- Good luck Jassy! 

Con carino, 

Elder Hill 
Salvador, Elder Hill, Ana & Nino

PS- Salvador, (Elder Hill's 1st Baptism) cut his hair. Not because he wanted to, but because he found a job and they asked him to do it. Either way, it looks gooooooood! 

(1st Baptism) Elders Hill & Nunez w/ Ana,
Salvador & Nino March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest
MORE INFO ON MISSIONARY SERVICE @ LDS.ORG