Instagram

Monday, June 25, 2012

"Feria" & Just Think That You´re Blessed to Have Temples So Close. I Have Realized Here in the Mission That I Have A Lot in Life.


We live in a pink building on 5 de mayo in Tezontepec


Hello family & friends, 

Honestly, I don´t know what I am going to write about this week. I know that we did an incredible amount of work, but it all goes by so fast and all blends together. I guess I can start with the "feria" or the fair that they have here. It´s just a whole bunch of those little kid rides and candy, and everyone goes to mass. They all say that they pretty much go to mass once or twice a year- Christmas and during the fair. I don´t know why it is that way, but it is. And with the fair comes fireworks, but they aren´t like OUR fireworks. They´re just big bombs that go off in the air, but the joke is that they start at 5:00 in the MORNING!!! Ah! It´s awful! But it´s fun because in 2 years, I 
won´t be able to say that anymore. 

Mexico City Temple
Oh, and they youth this week are going to the temple in Distrito Federal so that they can do baptisms. When I was at home, I struggled a little when we went to the Temple at 5:30am, however, think about this..... ARRIVE at the temple at 5:30am, BUT, you have to leave your ward building at 3:00 to get there on time. Just think that you´re blessed to have temples so close. I have realized here in the mission that I have a lot in life. 

This week we didn´t find very many people to teach, but we had 6 referrals come to church yesterday, so we have six new people to teach who already have a support system. That´s awesome. Also, I would exhort you all to give missionaries referrals when they ask for them. I know that it is sometimes a little annoying ( at least I was annoyed when they wanted to check my contacts list for referrals) but it is so worth it. Just like the scripture that says "How great will be your joy if you bring but one soul unto me", you can all be a part of that joy. I promise. 

Well, I know that Christ lives. He is our Savior forever. Heavenly Father knows each one of you and He is looking out for you. Just look for His help and it is there. There is a talk titled "It is better to look up." It´s a good one, but I know that each of us have so many blessings in life to look for, if we will just look. That is one thing that I am focusing more on this week, is look for the blessings. 
Count your many blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings and see what God hath done. (something like that, because the Spanish is getting to me)

"May the Lord bless you, and I know that He will." -Rex L. Christensen
 
Hasta ver, 

Elder Hill 









P.S. photo is from Dylan Taylor. I think he said it is his cousin, but it shows that there is a disadvantage to losing weight! 


COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS 
  1. When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
    When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
    Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
    And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
    • Refrain:
      Count your blessings, name them one by one,
      Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
      Count your blessings, name them one by one,
      *Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.
      [*And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.]
  2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
    Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
    Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
    And you will keep singing as the days go by.
  3. When you look at others with their lands and gold,
    Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
    Count your many blessings—*money cannot buy [*wealth can never buy]
    Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.
  4. So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
    Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
    Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
    Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest
MORE INFO ON MISSIONARY SERVICE @ LDS.ORG