Instagram

Monday, April 8, 2013

La Conferencia General ~ General Conference #183



Hola!
Just as Daniel prophesied so many years ago the Church continues to roll and fill the entire earth. Every nation, tribe, clime, tongue, etc, is being filled with the message of the Restoration of the truth. It reminds me of the standard of truth that Joseph Smith published in the newspaper. Nothing can destroy the work of God. 

I loved conference this weekend because they talked so much more about missionary work and the family. I feel like they go hand in hand. Something that was said was that missionary preparation comes from the example of the father. There is a family from my ward here that has a lot of kids, already grown up. Each one of them who could serve a mission, did. The father said as Joshua of old, "As for me and my house we will serve God....In this family, we serve missions." With the recent changes in age and requirements, missionary work may now become a family tradition. How great is the Lord! 

In my studies this week I was studying about the Spirit World and what will happen there. One thing that reaffirmed my testimony of how important this work is was that if someone has the opportunity to hear the Gospel here in this life and rejects it, they will NEVER be able to reach the celestial glory. The highest kingdom that they can get to is the Terrestrial. A lot of people say, "They´re a hard person to convert, too bad they don´t accept this message. Good thing they´ll have a chance in the spirit world." What I learned is this: That thought it is apostasy and that we need to do all that we can to help people-- more our family and friends-- accept this message so that they can truly be saved and receive salvation. It motivates me that much more to be able to work hard and find people who are ready. I know that we can do it. D&C 84:85- Have the faith that when you open your mouth that it will be filled with the words needed, and in that order. First faith to open then it becomes filled. Ye receive no miracle until AFTER the trial of your faith. 

This week we found an older lady who let us in to teach her. We taught a brief version of the Restoration and invited her to ask God if it was true. She asked, "right now?" and we said yes, thinking that ´right now´meant when we leave. But right there she asked the question, "God, is true what these boys have taught me?" We just waited there not knowing what to do but not having the words to say anything. After a long pause she told us that she thought that it was true because she felt something in her chest (aka- burning in the bosom). We hadn´t even explained to her how she was going to receive her answer and she already had it. We have an appointment with her today so we´ll see how it goes. We  haven´t seen Jovita either so we don´t know how she´s doing. Flor. Aurora, and Larisa will be getting baptized next Saturday so I hope to be able to send pics of a baptism next week! 

President Eyring´s testimony on Saturday morning was THE HIGHLIGHT to conference. He knows that Christ lives just as Joseph Smith did in the first vision. What does that mean? That´s exactly what it means. Christ lives and he speaks to his prophets face to face just as he did in olden days. Amos 3:7. 

Love you all. Have a fabulous week! Study the words of the living prophets. It is God´s will for us in the next 6 months. 

Elder Hill 


We showed up just in time for cake and Orozco sure enjoyed it! 

Emails back and forth Monday:
EH~Hey, 

So we had a few changes this week. We now have a little bit more time to write on Mondays AND we can write friends and whoever, if and when we have time. 

(re listening to conference on ipod or Priesthood Session on Mac) You have to download all of the conference track on itunes and put it on the ipod to be able to listen to conference. 

I didn´t get the package last week because the zone leaders didn’t bring packages from the offices to the zone because we have zone conference in two weeks and President Call will bring it then.

On my facebook I´m friends with a John Taylor who is a firefighter. He served in this mission way back in the day and was here in Queretaro. Can you ask him if he has anyone that he would like me to say hello to or at least send a little not with the missionaries to say hello, please. 

Hope you enjoyed conference. ttyl.

Ma~It is POURING RAIN! I think u will love your new rain jacket!
EH~It´s super hot here.... not sure I´ll need it if I stay in this mission, but for sure if I go to Hidalgo or Mexico. 
Love you. gotta go. I´ll get the package next Wednesday I hope. 
Ma~ Awesome. It's really lite, vented...took that into account when I got it. Rainy season is may to Oct. Have a great week, love u. Pray for all of us! Te amo!

EH~love you, too. thanks for everything 
Elder Hill 
Ma~YW. Thanks for being such a good son! Have an awesome week! <3



3 comments:

  1. Good info. Lucky me I came across your site by chance (stumbleupon).
    I've saved it for later!

    Also visit my blog post - click here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this web site from my pal who told me about this site and at the
    moment this time I am visiting this website and
    reading very informative articles here.

    my web-site reklamy lubin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peculiar artіclе, tοtallу what I wanted to find.


    Feel free to viѕit my site :: all inclusive resorts in cabo

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest
MORE INFO ON MISSIONARY SERVICE @ LDS.ORG