Instagram

Monday, December 31, 2012

¡Feliz año nuevo a todos! There are lots of people waiting to hear the Gospel, we just have to find them!

Hermano Banuelos harvesting his maize with Elder Hill


Jaina's hijo David
 It was good to be able to Skype and see the family again. It seems like Mother´s day was just around the corner! Before you know it, May will be here again and so will Christmas. I think that 2 years goes by so fast because one third of it we spend sleeping! After talking on the 24th we ate with the Ramos Family and we talked about their missions for a while. Hermana Ramos ended up going bald in the mission in Chihuaha because she had a fungus that got in her hair, and so did her companion. But because the Lord is merciful, they ended up having two wigs that matched their hair styles and nobody in the zone picture ever noticed. Pretty cool. 
Diana & Boyfriend

Elder Hill, Diana's boyfriend, Diana & Elder Martin
Yesterday Diana got baptized. She has been going for a year and one day we met with her and I don´t remember what I said, but she decided to get baptized. When her boyfriend baptized her they were in white, and I thought (to myself as not to scare her),  that the next time that they would be dressed in white together would be in the temple. They are for sure a couple that will get sealed in the temple... that is when they get married. I think he was waiting to see if she would get baptized first, but who knows. 

Also yesterday we had a pretty cool experience. We were in priesthood meeting when one of the YM came and told us that there was a man outside that wanted to get baptized and be a member of the church. I thought he was just playing but no! Ramón showed up all on his own and said that he has the desire to learn more. He doesn´t correspond to our area, but he called the other missionaries and they went yesterday and he accepted a baptismal date! Miracles do happen. There are lots of people waiting to hear the Gospel, we just have to find them. D&C 123:12

One thing that I love about the mission is that I actually love to read and study the scriptures now. I didn´t put that much effort into it before, but now I love it. For example, I never took advantage of the topical guide. It´s so awesome because only in English is it that complex. Funny scriptures under the word "strange" are: Jude 1:7, Ezekiel 3:5, and Ezra 10:11. The Bible is funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! 

Well, gotta go because we have to be in the house early tonight. Gotta keep working. 

Thanks for everything. I hope that everyone has a great week. 

Love, 

Elder Hill 

From Tezo still 
I´m sending two from the baptism but that´s it for now. I´ll take more later on. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE FAMILY & ALL.

David hijo and me with Hermano Banuelos when he was harvesting corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest
MORE INFO ON MISSIONARY SERVICE @ LDS.ORG