Instagram

Monday, August 5, 2013

Pray for Companion, Transfers, Word of Wisdom & Be Grateful to Your Police Officers!

ELDERS' PALACIOS y HILL COM MARCO, (EX AGENTE DE POLICIA)
So, as I thought, Elder Palacios was transferred to Chilpa, in Tepalcapa. He was tired of being with me, but some day he´ll thank me. He´s a good kid and I hope that he finishes his mission until the end. Please pray for him so that he doesn´t have negative thoughts of wanting to go home. I still don´t know who my companion is because he gets here tomorrow. I´m going to be training again and I´m not sure if he´ll be spanish speaking or pure gringo but I´ll let you know this week.

ELDERS' HILL, PALACIOS, ? Y PAOLA Y LA MADRE?
EDGARS FAMILIA Y ELDERS' HILL Y PALACIOS @ BAUTISMO
We had Paola´s and Edgar´s baptisms this week. Edgar was baptized on Saturday by his girlfriend´s dad and was confirmed on Sunday by the same. They are both good families, it´s just that one could be so much better with the gospel. Edgar´s parents are softening their hearts little by little and I know that some day soon we will be able to teach them. It´s a family that looks like they are members.... but they aren´t yet. Paola was really excited for her baptism and told us that she felt like she was floating all day after her baptism. That´s how we should all feel all the time when we have the Spirit. It´s something that I yearn for in life is always being worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost. Paola will be confirmed next week, and her brother, Raul, will be baptized and confirmed the 17th-18th. Their mom was really interested in the church after seeing the baptism and the only person that we have left to convince to let us teach is the dad. Little by little. Please pray for these families so that they will accept the Gospel so that these baptisms aren´t just two or three, but entire families that can one day be sealed in the House of the Lord for all time and eternity. 

 We ate on Sunday with Marco and Maria. Marco was the first baptism that we had in this area when I got here. He used to be a police officer and he pulled out his bullet proof vests and his club thing. Well, taking advantage of the opportunity, we took pictures. It was fun because he got excited about it, too, now that he´s retired. Be grateful for you police officers because it´s totally different here. 

A member told us something the other day that I really hadn´t thought about too much. It relates to the word of wisdom. She said that everything that God has created is what gives us strength and energy. Every thing that man has created just artificially fills us up and seems to give us energy. For example, an apple will forever be more healthy and energetic than a twinky. On the spiritual side, everything that God has created and asked us to do is what gives us true happiness and real health, while what man thinks is best just fills the space and imitates, but has no lasting value. I love learning and I love the fact that I realize more and more each day the importance that God plays in our lives, and the importance of doing what He asks. 

Love you all. Be good and be safe! 

Elder Hill  


baptism of edgar
baptism of Paola 
bulletproof vest from a member. 
WHAT EXACTLY AM I GONNA DO WHEN I GET OFF MY MISSION???
 --I¨m thinking about Gold Cross but I´m not sure if they are going to be accepting EMT Advanced or if it will just be basic and paramedic. 

--Can you see if their will be openings in the UT air national guard for medic or security forces when I get home? 

-- How much does it cost and how long does the police academy last? 

-- West Valley fire academy? Dates and Information for the next year?

-- Lakeview ER almost done? I talked to the director last year and she offered me a job, but I was leaving on the mission. She told me to find her when I got home. 

I think that´s good for now. I get home Jan 22 and I start school in fall semester. 

Not urgent. Love you. 


Elder Hill 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest
MORE INFO ON MISSIONARY SERVICE @ LDS.ORG