Instagram

Monday, September 9, 2013

Sacrament and White Sheets....Symbolic

ELDER MATT HILL
So, I´m not sure if I´ll be able to write next Monday, it might be Tuesday. Next Sunday and Monday is the annual "grito" (on the night of the 15th) and the parades on the 16th for the Mexican 4th of July. Normally everything is shut down on that Day and nobody does anything but games and parades and everything. Others just get drunk, but I won´t go into much detail about that. So, just a heads up, you might not get a letter on Monday, but on Tuesday. It´s pretty crazy around this time of year because they always shoot off fireworks all hours of the night and day and a lot of people get drunk.... really drunk. I´ll let you know next week how it went. 
Elder Zeagler snapped this of Elder Hill! LOL!

ELDERS HILL Y ZEAGLER
We´re still not finding new people to teach but we´ve been teaching the members and it´s been good. We have been teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Gift of the Holy Ghost, Enduring to the End) and two families have told us that it´s been an answer to their prayers, and we didn´t have any idea they needed it. It´s a good feeling to be able to help teach people sometimes as if they were an investigator as well. None of us is perfect and we all need the same teachings over and over because we tend to forget even the most important details. 

DAVID Y ELDER HILL

PAULINA Y FAMILIA Y ELDERS ZEAGLER Y HILL
she's studying here in Utah!


Yesterday in the Gospel Principles class we talked about the Sacrament. I was reminded of a couple times when I was volunteering in the ER I was asked to help move some patients who had passed away. The view of a deceased body while it´s on the gurney covered by a white sheet and the Sacraments while it´s on the table is a striking resemblance. It´s supposed to be symbolic and I remember how I was thinking about who that person may have been, what he do fro a living? What was his family like? The feeling was a feeling of reverence and I feel like sometimes I take that attitude away from the Sacrament. I should be thinking more about Christ and getting to know him. It´s just a thought that came to mind yesterday. 

We visited a family this week who has quite a few grand daughters. One of them was talking about bones and she turned to her sister with whom she was arguing and said, "If you didn´t have bones, you´d be all soggy!" It was just a funny moment. :) 

Well, keep going. I hope that all is well. If you are going to come down as a family it would be okay if Josh & Des came down but you´d have to rent a car because to go a whole bunch of white, English speaking people on the bus, well, that´s just nuts! We´ll cross that bridge when we get to it. 

Thanks for looking into everything for me. I´ll let you know later what´s going on. 

Loves,


Elder Hill 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest
MORE INFO ON MISSIONARY SERVICE @ LDS.ORG