Instagram

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Happy 4th of July & We Pass Through A Trial To Help Other's Later On!

Happy 4th of July! I feel like June was just beginning and I thought that it would go by slow.... nope! Time goes by faster and faster every day! This week was a bit challenging. We had a lot of investigators that we had to drop because they weren´t progressing even though they know that it is true. Sad deal... hopefully one day they will put their fears to one side and trust in God. 
For 5th Sunday we combined the priesthood and RS and talked about missionary work. It was a pretty cool experience because it was my companion, our ward missionary leader, and me who were in charge of the class. We didn´t have a whole lot of time this week to organize it but we went in and presented a powerful lesson on missionary work and the Spirit told us in the moment what we had to say. It happened again at night when we did a ward FHE. We talked about missionary work and how doing our visits (VT and HT) that we can save lives spiritually speaking. Our ward mission leader (Hno. Serrano) is a doctor so we talked about something simple (the Heimlich maneuver) and how we recognize what it´s for and then we presented a lesson on how to recognize the spiritual wounds and what medications we use to heal them and the help our brothers and sisters realize how important the church is. We have a lot of less active or inactive people here.... it´s sad. Out of 1,300,00 member in total in Mexico, only 300,000 of them are active. TO THE RESCUE! 
There was a member who spoke on Sunday who was just awesome. This guy has had some of the worst experiences happen to him, but he has also seen the most spiritual things as well. Once upon a time he was thinking, "Why me?" and his mom told him, "How can you ever give words of comfort and consolation if you have never suffered before?" It struck me- sometimes I don´t realize that I have to pass through a trial in order to help someone else later on who is also having that problem. It sometimes seems like the story of my life.... but it´s gratifying knowing that I can ease someone´s burden because I already suffered. I feel, on a very small scale, somewhat how Christ feels-- He suffered for us so that we suffer not if we only go to Him (D&C 19:16-19). Just as a friend seeks us out to receive help, such should we do with our Savior. 

We all pass through hard times-- some harder than others-- but so that the hard, jagged, and ugly rock that we are as natural men can slowly and patiently be smoothed and improved to be the diamond that God knows we are. Our potential as His children is great, but sometimes we don´t see what we are within. We think that we are the same old jagged rock when we´re meant to be a prized jewel. D&C 58:2-4 and Mosiah 24:13-15 tell us that we all have challenges. 


I know that life isn´t easy, but it never was designed to be that way. I feel that life is easy, you´re doing something wrong. (Not sure what he meant here~When live seems easy, you’re doing something wrong??)

Carina will be baptized next Sunday so I´ll be sure to send the pictures next week! 
ELDER HILL IN FRONT OF MEXICO CITY TEMPLE FOUNTAIN

Love you all! 

Elder Hill

Just remember-- you´re having a hard time and so am I, with my companion. It’s not the same, but learning is learning.

Hey, I have to go now but I hope that you can have a good week and look for the silver lining. I love you and thank you for all that you have done for me. Be good and all will be well. It´s a promise from the prophets. 

Love you. Tell the family hello for me and I hope that all works out well. 

Loves. hugs and kisses. 

Matthew


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest
MORE INFO ON MISSIONARY SERVICE @ LDS.ORG